Finding out who the owner of the website can provide you with important details about the name and the website that uses it.
You can get in touch with them to buy the domain name by using their email address and other contact details, which are typically included in this information.
Also, it provides you with vital domain name details like the most recent registration date, the number of previous domain owners, and more.
The likelihood that a domain name will be used for spam rises if you discover that it has been owned by many people.
One of the most important decisions you’ll make when building a WordPress website is selecting the ideal company name and related domain.
Websites have grown to be an indispensable component of the internet world in the modern digital era. They are used for a variety of things, including e-commerce, entertainment, information sharing, and many other things. Knowing who owns a website has become more crucial as websites have proliferated.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways to discover who the owner of a website is, and in this post, we’ll look at some of the best ones.
It’s crucial to mention before we continue that determining the owner of a website is not always an easy task. Some website proprietors may opt to be unidentified or may employ a proxy service to do so.
Nonetheless, there are a number of ways to identify the owner of a website.
Ways To Identify The Owner Of A Website
- Use Domain.com to look for a domain WHOIS Search Tool
- Use Network Solutions to look for a domain Search WHOIS & Domain
- GoDaddy WHOIS Domain Lookup to Find a Domain
- use a website lookup tool
- Look for contact information on the website
- Check social media profiles
- Use a private investigator
1. Use Domain.Com To Look For A Domain WHOIS Search Tool
One of the most well-known domain name registrars is Domain.com. It enables you to register all TLDs as well as a large number of the most popular country-code TLDs (ccTLDs).
They provide almost all of the features you’d anticipate from a top domain name registrar, such as private registration, domain management, email accounts, simple transfers, and even web hosting.
The WHOIS lookup tool is one excellent resource they provide. This will look for any domain name information that is accessible in the public WHOIS database.
- Go to the Domain.com WHOIS lookup and enter the domain name to use this tool.
- The available WHOIS results will then be shown by the program.
- It will display details such as the domain name registrar, the domain owner, the date the domain was registered, and any available contact details.
- Contact email for registrant
- The “Registrant Email” field will display the email address if it is available.
Also, you can attempt to contact the domain name owner through the domain name registrar. More on that is covered below.
- Contact the domain name registrar
Remember to use our Domain.com coupon code to save 25% on your purchase if you’re planning to use it to register a new domain name.
2. Use Network Solutions To Look For A Domain Search WHOIS & Domain
With over 7 million domains registered with them, Network Solutions is one of the largest domain name registrars in the world. With this service, you can register a huge selection of popular domain name extensions.
They also provide almost all of the services you’ll need, such as web hosting, security tools, SEO services, and more, to get your WordPress small business website up and running.
- The WHOIS lookup and domain lookup tools can be used to determine the owner of a domain name.
- Just click “Search” after entering the domain you wish to look up.
- The tool will then show any information about domain registration that is currently accessible.
- Only if the domain is registered with Network Solutions will comprehensive WHOIS information be shown.
- But, Network Solutions also offers a special add-on service that will bargain for the domain name’s purchase in secret.
- Simply click the “Backorder” button, make a deposit, and their team will get to work if you choose to use this service.
- Backorder domain for Network Solutions
This is a fantastic option to get a domain name from the owner without having to handle everything yourself.
Remember to use our Network Solutions promo code for 25% off your domain purchase if you intend to register a new domain name.
3. GoDaddy WHOIS Domain Lookup To Find A Domain:
With more than 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is among the biggest and most established domain name registrars in the world. They have affordable prices and a wide range of domain name extensions available.
You’ll utilize the GoDaddy WHOIS Database tool to find out who the owner of a domain name is. It functions similarly to the other tools.
The WHOIS database lookup tool will locate the necessary domain name information when you enter the domain name.
Check WHOIS on GoDaddy
You might have noticed that the outcomes resemble those of the earlier tools.
Yet, using a variety of tools to conduct a domain name search can be beneficial. You can obtain more precise information if the domain is hosted at a specific registrar.
- A public database that contains details about domain name owners is called the WHOIS database.
- You can get details on the domain name owner, including their name, address, and contact information, from this database, which is accessible online for free.
- You can go to websites like WHOIS.net or whois.domaintools.com to access the Whois database.
- Simply type the domain name into the search bar, and the database will, if it has it, display the owner’s details.
- The use of a proxy service to conceal one’s identity in the Whois database, however, is a possibility for some website owners, it is crucial to know.
- In this situation, rather than the owner’s identity, the contact information for the proxy service will be shown.
- But, running a Whois query is still a good idea.
4. Use A Website Lookup Tool:
You may seek details on a website, including the owner’s details, using a number of online tools. These tools operate by scanning the website and gathering data on the owner as well as other elements including traffic data, social media activity, and backlinks.
Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Similar Web are a few of the well-known website lookup tools. Simply type the website’s URL into the search bar to use these tools, and the tool will provide you with the owner’s details and other pertinent information.
While tools for looking up websites are helpful, they might not always give correct results, particularly if the website’s owner has used a proxy service or made other attempts to conceal their identity.
5. Look For Contact Information On The Website:
On their websites, a lot of websites include contact details like email addresses or phone numbers. With the use of this data, you can get in touch with the website’s owner and confirm their identity.
Look for a “Contact Us” or “About Us” page to uncover the website’s contact details. As an alternative, you might look under the website’s bottom, which frequently has contact information.
There may not be any contact information on the website if the website owner has opted to maintain their anonymity. To find out who they are in this situation, you might need to apply other strategies.
6. Check Social Media Profiles:
Social media profiles on sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are common among website owners. These profiles can be utilized to learn more about the identity of the website owner.
Simply perform a search for the website name on social networking sites to see whether the website owner has a profile there. If the owner of the website has a public profile, their name, and other details can be visible there.
As an alternative, you can look for the social media profiles of the website owner using a program like Social Catfish Or Pip.
7. Use A Private Investigator:
If everything else fails, you might need to work with a private eye to discover who is behind a website. Even if a website owner has taken precautions to remain anonymous, private investigators have access to specific techniques and databases that can be used to discover their identity.
What To Do If The Domain Registration Information Is Hidden?
Domain name privacy, which hides a domain name owner’s information from WHOIS queries, is a service that many domain name registrars now provide.
It may be challenging to determine who the owner of a domain is as a result of this service and the recent GDPR law.
The following techniques can be used to contact the owner if you’ve tried using the tools above to look up a domain but weren’t successful in doing so.
1. Contact The Domain Registrar To Forward Your Request :
The information of the domain owner is frequently concealed, but the registrar of the domain name is always displayed.
Message the domain registrar
Simply email the registrar in this situation to express your interest in purchasing the name or to alert them to a spam domain.
WHOIS Search Results :
- Domain name
- Registry domain id
- Registrar WHOIS server
- Registrar URL
- Update date
- Creation date
A forwarding email address for the “Registrant Email ” may also be found. Emails sent to this address are frequently forwarded to the domain owner by the domain privacy service provider.
2. Look Up Company Information:
You can try to identify the business’s owners if you are aware of the company name using a specific domain name.
Using open websites like Linkedin.com is a better and faster approach to finding this. Just type the firm name into the search bar to see if you can locate any employees.
3. Reach Out To The Domain Owner Via The Website
If the website is active, your only remaining option is to email the domain name owner directly through the website’s contact form.
You may learn a lot more about the online presence of a website as well. You may discover who hosts a particular website and the WordPress theme that it is using, for instance.
We sincerely hope that this post has taught you how to identify the true domain name owner. You might also want to check out our list of the top WordPress plugins for business websites and our expert selections for the best WordPress hosting.
What’s Up Next?
At this point, you have a different path to consider
1. Contact Domain Name Order
- Include the following in your email:
- They can easily select their preferred means of communication thanks to your contact information, which includes both phone and email.
- You may not want to include a precise offer just yet (if you don’t know where they stand, you could give more than is necessary), but if they understand that this is a genuine business offer, they will be more inclined to respond.
- Anything that demonstrates your credibility—how can you demonstrate that you are a real person with sincere intentions? It’s possible that the link points to a LinkedIn profile for a website you already own.
- You should make it clear that you’re a real person with genuine interest because most people receive a lot of spam emails.
2. Hire A Domain Broker
Consider using a domain broker if you haven’t yet been able to locate the owner’s contact information or if you have but still need assistance with the offer-making procedure.
For the sole purpose of facilitating transactions between domain sellers and buyers, companies like Sedo and Brannans exist.
If you’ve never purchased a domain name before, they can assist you in coming up with a fair asking price, helping you locate the ideal contact, and making sure the transaction is completed in a way that makes everyone pleased.
Online Brokers can help you avoid scammers who operate in domain names, as there are many of them in the world of online transactions.
3. Consider A New Domain Name:
Even if you perform all of these actions, there’s a good chance that the person who already owns that domain will either not want to sell or would only accept a price that is greater than what you are willing to pay.
In that case, you won’t be the first person to have to think of a name other than the one you had your heart set on.
If the.com domain name extension is taken, check to see if the .net or .co are still available. and generate fresh domain name suggestions. You might create something that you like even more than your initial concept.
It can be challenging to choose a suitable domain name that hasn’t already been registered because there are so many websites currently in existence.
Nonetheless, it’s possible that you can still purchase the desired domain. In the event that you can’t discover one that works just as well, a little ingenuity or flexibility will help.
I hope the information was helpful to you and that you’re able to achieve your goals. I hope the procedures were successful for you before any problems.
But, you can inquire in the comment sections if you have problems or further questions about how to find who owns a website. Thank you for visiting…